- Relativity, yes. We can't break the law of relativity. We can go around it. The ship doesn't really go faster than light. What it does is it creates a dimensional gateway that allows it to jump instantaneously from one point of the universe to another light years away.
- Well, it's difficult to... It's all math.
- Try us, Doctor.
- Right, well, using layman's terms, we use a rotating magnetic field to focus a narrow beam of gravitons. These in turn fold space-time, consistent with Weyl tensor dynamics, until the space-time curvature becomes infinitely large and you produce a singularity. Now, the singularity...
- Layman's terms.
- F*ck layman's terms. Do you speak English?
- Lmagine, for a minute, that this piece of paper...
- Excuse me. That's Vanessa, and that's mine.
- Attractive piece of paper represents space-time and you want to get from point "A" here to "B" there. Now, what's the shortest distance between two points?
- A straight line.
- Wrong. The shortest distance between two points is zero. And that's what the gateway does. It folds space. So that point "A" and point "B" co-exist in the same space and time. When the spacecraft passes through the gateway, space returns to normal. It's called a gravity drive.
- How do you know all this?
- I built it.
Fantázia Teszt - A "rokonok" hívása
Event Horizon Gravity Drive Unreal Engine 4
Stargate movie first activation [HQ]
Stargate sg1 serpent guards Link